Welcome to Temple Meadow Primary School
Children at Temple Meadow are really special – full of fun, enjoyment and with a real thirst for knowledge and learning experiences. It is our school aim to continue to raise standards for all children while at the same time keeping them safe, providing fun and enjoyment and linking real-life experiences to learning.
Our Early Years provision is a real strength; in our OFSTED inspection, it was highly praised in terms of provision, experiences and leadership. If any child, for whatever reason has particular needs, we pride ourselves on early identification and provision of the required support. Our trends over time regarding GLD (Good Level of Development) at the end of Early Years, is consistently positive.
We appreciate that starting school is a big step for both you and your child. At Temple Meadow, we aim to make this a happy and positive event, in which your child will enjoy a caring, stimulating environment. We therefore value a good relationship with you, the parents and carers, as we believe this plays a fundamental part in the settling in process and in the rest of your child’s time in school.
We recognise that when your child comes here, they would have already learned a lot from you at home. We want to build on what your child knows and can do, continually taking this further into the next stage of learning.
In our early years provision at Temple Meadow children are excited and motivated to learn, through rich and challenging learning children have ample opportunities to explore and take risks. We plan imaginative hands-on experiences. We have high expectations for all our children and recognise that children have different starting points to their learning. Children are supported and cared for through a nurturing and safe environment. We plan according to children's stages of development so that all children can thrive and develop. We are a cohesive team with play-based child-centred learning at the heart of our practice.
From September 2021, we introduced the 30-hour offer within our Nursery provision. If eligible for the 30-hour offer, your child’s school day would begin at 8.45am and end at 3.30pm, Monday-Friday. These are set days and hours. You would need to provide your child with a healthy packed lunch from home each day. There will be a ‘comfy’ area for children to access during their lunch break at 11.45am-12.30pm. Parents of children attending our Nursery 30-hour provision are charged a daily supplementary charge of £2.60 for the additional 45 minutes offered through the provision. This charge should be paid through ParentPay.
The curriculum will be appropriate for Nursery based on the new Early Years Framework which rolls out in September. Throughout the day there will be a focus on communication and language, personal development and physical development. Appropriate Literacy and Numeracy skills are introduced and there is a strong emphasis on learning through play and outdoor learning.
Your eligibility depends on:
- if you are working
- your income (and your partner’s income, if you have one)
- your child’s age and circumstances
- your immigration status.
- If you are interested in accessing a 30-hour place at our Nursery, you will need to complete our Nursery application form and visit https://www.gov.uk/30-hours-free-childcare to read the full 30-hour offer eligibility criteria.
- If you believe that you are eligible, please follow the link to apply online https://www.gov.uk/apply-30-hours-free-childcare. It usually takes 20 minutes to apply. You may find out if you’re eligible straight away, but it can take up to 7 days.
- If you are eligible you will get a childcare account and a code for 30 hours free childcare.
- Please email the name of your child, your national insurance number, your child’s date of birth and the 30-hour offer code to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will then validate this code, without this code we are unable to offer your child the 30-hour space.
Please note that our AM and PM slots also remain the same: 8.45am-11.45am or 12.30pm-3.30pm. You will need to complete a Nursery application form and indicate your preference.
If you would like more information about our Nursery and/or Reception classes please do not hesitate to contact us.