As part of our work towards the Eco Green Flag award, the eco committee chose a focus on water. You will already be aware that we are running a raffle draw for all those who purchase a re-useable bottle from school during January. The Eco committee has decided that they would like to support water initiatives on a global scale, and together we have chosen the charity, Toilet Twinning.
Did you know:
· 2.3 billion people don’t have somewhere safe and hygienic to go to the toilet?
· The lack of a loo makes women and girls a target when they go to the toilet in the open, late at night?
· Almost 1,000 children die every day from preventable diseases linked to dirty water and unsafe toilets?
· 663 million people live without safe water?
· Children worldwide miss 443 million school days each year because of dirty water and poor sanitation?
On Friday 8th February 2018, we will be fundraising to sponsor toilets in impoverished households in the country of our choice. The money raised also funds the work of international relief and development agency Tearfund. Our donation will be used to provide clean water, basic sanitation, and hygiene education.
To raise money, we will be going 'Blue for the Loo' for the day. On this, pupils can come to school dressed in blue in exchange for a 50p donation. Thank you for your support.